1.16.2010

30 day dred!

So, the winter weather mixed with a husband who works close to 10 hours daily is putting a slight damper on my spirits. I mean, there is plenty of work to do around the house, but there is only so much work one person can do before she contemplates the ways that one can die via paint (wether it be fumes or straight up drowning...). That being said, one of the many ways to combat seasonal mood swings (mainly mine only swing when it's cold!) is to include some form of daily exercise. This sounded mildly appealing considering all of the wonderful foods that found their way into my body over the lovely holiday season. In talking with my bestie (maybe former, the way my muscles are burning), she suggested that I make the short trek to Walmart and invest a whopping $9.00 in the Jillian Michael's video, 30 Day Shred. This video promised to whip your butt into shape in 30 days through three different 20 minute workouts. I never thought that I would be able to accomplish a decent workout in 20 minutes. When I was in the M-town, I would workout with my trainer for 60 minutes, then try to get in some cardio on top of that. This 20 minutes incorporates all necessary components to a solid workout: strength training, cardio, and abs. All I have to say is, HOLY CRAP! I can't believe how sore I was after one 20 minutes workout with 3lb hand weights. And I'm supposed to do this 30 days in a row?! I decided that I needed to keep my spirits up, and what better way to do that than to look smokin' hot during bathing suit season? I completed day one and felt good, but exhausted. Day 2 rolls around, and I'm sore. It's that good sore where you know you are building muscle, so I went for day 2 workout, too. Now that I've completed day 2, I think those were some of the best 40 minutes that I've spent in the past couple of weeks. Anyone looking for a way to shed some pounds, keep yourself motivated, and don't have excessive amounts of time? Invest your $9 and head over to Wally world for the 30 day dred, I mean shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment