1.18.2012

New Year, New... Well, you know

Here we are in the trenches of a new year, all over again. I know that we are already two and a half weeks in, but I figured, why not go ahead and post about what's going on over in the land of the Joneses?
Josh, Mary Grace, and I had a wonderful Christmas. We were lucky enough to be able to have my parents and sister here for the actual day, which was great for everyone! A couple of days after Christmas, we embarked on a whirl wind car tour of the USA. At least, that's what it felt like! We headed out from VA to Nashville, to Little Rock, to Ozark, to Greensboro, and back to VA. At least it wasn't back to back to back to back car days. Mary Grace was an exceptional car rider, with only one minor hiccup. After she recuperated from her epic meltdown, she was her charming self all over again.
Once we got back to VA, we were lucky enough that my sister and her bf were able to come back and hang with us for a few days before they had to head back off to school. Unfortunately for them, their trip coincided with the start of our new healthy eating plan. They were forced to eat a whole lot of food that no college kid ever enjoys!
On the flip side of that coin, Josh and I have been rocking out on our new "healthy lifestyle." We found a 12-week training program for free online. We are two weeks in, and have both been sticking to it 100%. It gets a lot tougher from here, but I think it should be a lot easier for me to stick to because there is a finite end date. I know how many more days I have to work it, which gives me a tangible goal to work for. If anyone is interested in the program, check out the plan at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html. Like I said, it's only 12 weeks, but it can really overhaul everything! If you watch the opening video, my friend Natalie is the girl shown talking about how the program worked for her. She's also the one rocking the before and after shots in the bikini!
Now for those pesky resolutions! Each year we always say, "I'm going to do 'x' for my resolution!" How well is that working out for ya? Yeah, me too... So this year, I'm changing it up. I've made myself some tangible goals for this year, and so far that's helped me actually achieve what I've set out to do. For accountability sake, here they are: I will read at least one book per month (any suggestions are great appreciated!), I will complete the LiveFit trainer to at least 95% (so far, I'm at 100%), I will update this blog at least once a month (Josh says once a week, but he's not here with an infant all day...), and I will run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in AR in under 30 minutes. Hopefully with all of these tangible goals, I'll be able to stick to things a little better. I hope I can get a little help from you guys to keep me honest about all of it!
Anyway, I've rambled way too long about a whole lot of nonsense, and there's not even one stitch of anything exciting about this ever growing little one. Oh well, I guess I will have to update again next week and give her a post all to herself! :)
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment