12.19.2009

The boys (and girl) are back in town!

We finally have our animals back! It has been a monumental task to try to move our pets from Memphis to Little Rock to Sterling, but finally the task has been accomplished. It couldn't have happened without my fantastic grandparents who animal-sat (and only got a little attached...) for two months. I don't know what we would do without you! Unfortunately, J was pretty miffed about the timing of the entire situation. Since we had them driven from AR to VA, we pretty much had to follow the schedule of the drivers. J was headed back to Memphis to work with his replacement for the week and left on Wednesday morning (if you can call it that; the sun didn't rise for four hours after we left the house...). Well, the way the drivers had scheduled it, our pets were supposed to arrive either late Wednesday or Thursday morning. The fantastic ladies that run Precious Pets Transport (shameless plug, right? Definitely use them if you need to move your pets cross country!) drove through the night and had my lovelies here by 11:00 pm Wednesday night. I don't know if they were loving it as much as I was because they were still trying to get their bearings, while I was trying to love and kiss them, possibly to death. Well, bearings were established, mostly, and all I can say is that it is so nice to have my babies help fill up this gargantuan house. Now to settle in for the 18" of snow that we are supposed to get...

No comments:

Post a Comment