12.02.2009

Have a Holly Jolly Weekend

Let the fun times begin! I can't believe that it's really been six weeks since we initially came up to Virginia to find ourselves somewhere to put down roots. Now here it is, only two more days before closing! But, before that big milestone, we must cross a few other bridges. Tonight we have our final walk through of our beautiful home. I can't wait, because this is the first time since J and I put in our offer that we have been back together. I am also excited because we are going when it is dark outside. Why would that make a rats behind of difference, you ask? CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!! I can't wait to see what our new neighborhood looks like as people are decorating their homes for the Christmas season. As exciting as this is, still not the coolest thing between today and closing. Tomorrow, J get to take a half day of work (lucky him, I know) because we are going to the NATIONAL CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING! I cannot wait. It's going to be incredible. Sheryl Crow, Jordin Sparks, and Celtic Woman are all scheduled to perform, and then the 57 Christmas trees on the property of the White House will be lit. I am beside myself because there is nothing I love more than Christmas. After we experience this wonderful holiday festivity, we get to close on our house at 10am on Friday morning. I am ready to be in our house and out of this blasted hotel room! I will spend part of my day cleaning up around the house and trying to prepare everything for the movers to show up on Saturday. Yet, before this most excellent step in our moving process, we are to attend J's company Christmas party. Nothing like being able to wear the same dress twice, especially in one week. It's going to be incredible. Again, there is nothing I love more than Christmas!

Then comes Saturday morning! No more nights in the Extended stay, no more trips around the mall parking lot, no more paying to do my laundry in the crappy, floody washing machines. Hopefully, we can get everything situated in our house without complication. I have never been so ready for one weekend since nine months ago! ;)

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and PEACE OUT Extended Stay!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment