2.01.2010

You have to be kidding me...

Here we go again. Is it possible to sue someone for lying to you? If so, my realtor should be expecting papers any day now. When we were house hunting, he told me "It only snows once or twice each season and it's usually just about two inches." What a stinkin' liar!! The day we moved in-6 inches. The week before Christmas-2 FEET! Saturday-6 inches. This coming Tuesday-2 inches predicted. This coming weekend-significant accumulation predicted. I am OVER this! In Memphis, schools have been closed twice due to ice and snow. How much ice and snow, you might ask? About 2 inches. Have schools been closed here? No, not really. I have never been so ready for spring and summer in all my life. Can I please have one weekend weather forecast that doesn't include snow flurries or accumulation?!

On another note, J used his incredible luck to win us some more tickets. This time we scored suit seats to the Georgetown/Duke "game." I use that term loosely because Georgetown really outplayed them the entire 40 minutes, despite the 12 point difference at the end of regular play. But apparently this wasn't just any game. Our nation's leader was not only present at this game, but took time out of his observing to do some announcing. Supposedly he told the other announcer, "I'm coming after your job next. I don't know if it's in three or seven, but I'm coming after your job next." HAHA! Anyway, we had a lot of fun at the game, but we also had a lot of fun because we met up with one of J's coworkers and his wife before the game to grab a bite to eat. The only downside to the whole day? The accumulation of the frozen stuff... Hopefully the snow will melt soon and we'll be able to meet up with our new friends for some fun outdoor activities in the vast expanses of Virginia parks.

Hope the weather is treating you all better than it's treating me...

No comments:

Post a Comment