2.12.2010

It's that time of year again!

I know you are all waiting with bated breath, as I am, for the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics tonight. After the opening ceremonies two summers ago in China, I'm really not sure how Canada's going to top it. I guess they'll come up with something, eh? I, personally, am looking forward to the skiing events, seeing as how that's the popular mode of transportation around these parts for the past few days. I know J is getting really excited and already setting the TiVo for the curling events. Despite all my feminine instincts, I am not jumping up and down for the ice skating/ice dancing events. I guess I may have out grown those events because they just don't hold the same entertainment value as bobsledding and Alpine skiing. Well, as we are united as a country against all other countries in the world, the time has come to grab your Quebecois poutine and xoosum or Nanaimo bars and settle in on the couch to watch huge men in ridiculous outfits hurl a weight down a frozen alley. If you want to see this in person, I can find J some ridiculous clothes and give him a turkey to throw down the street. Stay warm, San Diego!

1 comment:

  1. Saw you on Carbunkle's blog and thought I would have a look- nice look. I could totally go for some poutine right now (was born near MOntreal). Sorry about your luck on all the snow in DC.

    ReplyDelete