2.04.2010

The calm before the storm.

I know that it is hard for you all to believe, but we are supposed to get more snow this weekend. I know I have said this before, but I don't know if you really know what "more snow" means. It means, in the city, the weathermen are predicting 18". Unfortunately, I don't live "in the city." Last time the weathermen predicted a substantial amount of snow, it was about 12". That was the same time we got 2' at my house. I really just can't wait for it all...
So in the calm before the storm, I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood and take some photos. The dog also needed to get some of her energy out and shivering through the woods seemed like the best idea. To me, not to her. :) Anyway, these are a few of the products of my nature walk. This tree, I believe, feels the same about snow. The only way to deal with it is to roll over and die!

I thought the contrast between the living leaves and the icy tundra surrounding this little tree is beautiful. Its resilience makes me believe that spr
ing really will make a reappearance at some point.








I actually titled this last photo because I think it's pretty nifty. I call it "Fire and Ice." This was on the bridge railing along one of the trails around the house. The melted ice trails along the wood lead directly to the ice block, but the trails look a lot like flames, in my opinion.

On a different note, this weekend is THE football weekend! I must say that I'm a little torn between my alliances for the big game. I am a big PM fan, just cause I think he and his bros are so darn cute! I mean, what adorable boys (even if they are all grown adults). On the other hand, I think the Saints are kind of the Rudy team of the season. I mean, who really even knows the last time the Saints even went to the Super Bowl?! I also have many a friend who hail from that drunken region of the world, which makes me more inclined to cheer for the SB underdogs. But here's my biggest reason to hope the Saints pull off this Hail Mary...
There could be nothing better than a Super Bowl win on 2/7 for New Orleans because there really could be no better way to kick off Mardi Gras! All I know is that if this phenomenon actually does occur, Mr. Chico won't be sober until 2011.

2 comments:

  1. & you know This>>>> WHo DAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way this is the first time The Saints have ever gone this far.

    ReplyDelete